Fichado!: Victor Navone- English version

Since "Monsters, inc." he's been working hard to prove that he is one of the best animators at Pixar. Not only his spectacular demo endorses him, but also the confidence that John Lasseter placed in him to co-direct the "Cars" tv-episodes together. We've been very lucky that he accepted to be part of our "Fichado!" section.

1. Name: Victor Navone

2. Age: 38

3. Profession: Animator.

4. Artistic training: Bachelor of Arts degree in Studio Art from University of California, Irvine. I am a self-taught animator.

5. Work done you're most proud of: Some of my scenes in WALL-E and The Incredibles.

6. Work done you're least proud of: A video game I directed in the late 90's: Gundam 0079: The War For Earth.

7. The project you are currently working on and the next one, if any: Toy Story 3!

8. You are inspired by: Everything. Art, film, nature, kids, people.

9. Favourite artist: Gil Elvgren, Al Hirschfeld, Shane Glines, Antoni Gaudi, Gustav Klimt, Norman Rockwell, John Singer Sargent, Milt Kahl.

10. Pencil & paper, or mouse: Yes.

11. Music you listen to while working: Electronica.

12. Curious habits while working: My face gets tired when I'm doing facial animation because I'm unconsciously acting out the expressions over an over again.

13. Crazy stuff on your desktop: Crumbs. I shouldn't eat lunch at my desk, but I often do.

14. To work, night or day? I prefer to work at night, but I'm required at Pixar during the day.

15. Three movies to spend a Sunday relaxed at home: Mary Poppins, Lawrence of Arabia, Time Bandits.

16. Classic animation favorite: The Jungle Book.

17. Ancient Art or Modern: Modern.

18. Comedy or Drama: Dramatic Comedy.

19. The thoughest moment of your professional career: Showing a new shot in animation dailies.

20. And the sweetest moment: Making everyone laugh in animation dailies.

21. What you see yourself doing in 20 years? I don't know where I'll be, but I hope I'll still be learning in a challenging environment.

22. Finally... tell us which has been the best advice you've been given both professional and personal: Make your own luck.


His web: http://www.navone.org/blogger/


Thanks Victor for your participation in our blog!
the-animation-art.blogspot.com

Comentarios

dongdong ha dicho que…
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.